04 julho 2008

From Idaho

Today I received the summer quilt from the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. After Autumn, Winter and Spring this is the last quilt of the swap. It was made by Julia and is absolutely gorgeous.
The first thing I thought about this quilt is that this is a smart quilt. Did you notice that the colors Julia chose are not usually associated with summer? Nevertheless, this is indeed a summer quilt! What a clever combination of colors.
Recebi hoje o quilt de Verão do Four Seasons Quilt Swap. Depois do Outono, Inverno e Primavera, este é o último quilt deste swap. Foi feito pela Julia dos Estado Unidos e como podem ver é soberbo.
A primeira coisa que pensei quando o vi é que é um quilt bem pensado. Repararam que as cores não estão vulgarmente associadas a esta estação? No entanto é um quilt que diz “Verão” em cada pedacinho. Que escolha inteligente das cores e padrões!
She worked every detail as you can see on the bunch of flowers and the cute little fellow comfortably waiting for some water drops, on the top of the hat.
Todos os pequenos detalhes foram trabalhados como se pode ver no ramo de flores e no passarinho que espera as gotas de água em cima de um chapéu. She also sent me a delicate lace bookmark she made on her embroidery machine. She is a very talented lady! Thanks so much Julia!
The next and finally step is to send my summer quilt to my partner. I’m working on it.
Enviou-me também um marcador de livros em renda feito por ela numa máquina de bordar. É tão delicado e bonito que até tenho pena de pôr a uso. Que talento! Muito obrigada Julia!
O próximo passo desta saga será o envio do meu quilt de Verão. Estou a trabalhar nisso!

15 comentários:

Tereclopes disse...

Parabéns , que trabalhos lindoooos!!
O quilt realmente está o máximo,com todos os pormenores muito bem pensados. O marcador de livros está igualmente lindo.
Dá gosto ver trabalhos assim.
Beijinhos

Emilia L. disse...

Muy bonito y muy bien realizado tu quilt de verano, es muy agradable tener estos pequeños quilts llenos de colorido.

Un abrazo,
Emilia

Unknown disse...

Such a lovely summer quilt, and in such pretty colours.

Julia disse...

I am so glad that you like it! I sure had a fun time making it for you. I was really excited when I seen that you were my partner. To know that something I created now lives in so far away is thrilling to me!

eugenia disse...

Te ha quedado genial !!!!

Unknown disse...

It is beautiful, lots of details.

May Kristin disse...

Lucky you! It's a beautiful quilt!
Enjoy!

Anónimo disse...

This quilt is indeed very beautiful. I'm jealous though that your English is so good and my Portugeuse is so rusty! :) Obrigado por una linda blog!

Holly disse...

What an adorable 4seasons quilt you received! Lucky you.

APO (Bem-Trapilho) disse...

encantador! adorei! :)

Kim disse...

Julia made a gorgeous quilt for you! She certainly has a talent for mixing up the fabrics and patterns to come up with a unique quilt that is all her own style. Enjoy!

Mavi. disse...

Precioso... muy logrado.

Libby disse...

What a wonderful quilt - it really says, 'Summer.' *s*

The Naturalist's Daughter disse...

Its a gorgeous little quilt, I love the little bird on the hat.

Claudia Miranda disse...

Adorei seus trabalhos, são verdadeiras obras de arte.

Claudia Miranda
retalhosencantados.blogspot.com