30 abril 2007

Dilemma

Algumas vezes um trabalho pára apenas por uma coisinha de nada. No caso do quilt de bandanas apliquei-me sistematicamente no quilting que acabei rapidamente . Depois fiquei bloqueada na escolha do binding. Parece coisa pequena mas não havia meio de fazer uma escolha que me parecesse acertada.
Sometimes, a little tiny thing is enough to stop a project. When I began the bandanas quilt I made systematic progresses and I finished the hand quilting quickly. Then, nothing. I had no idea about the binding. It seems to be a small issue but I wanted to make a good choice.
As bandanas eram amostras que aproveitei e o tecido do sashing, em creme, demasiado monótono para o usar novamente. Tentei primeiro um tom laranja e depois um tecido preto mas ambas as hipóteses foram postas de lado. Olhei com olhos de ver e pareceu-me que um púrpura iria na onda dos rosas, azuis e tons de púrpuras de algumas bandanas. Fiquei-me por aqui.

I had no more bandanas fabrics because I only had the samples I had used on the top. The sashing fabric was too monotonous to repeat it, with the binding again.
I tried an orange and then a black fabric but both were rejected. I tried to look wisely and it seemed to me that a purple would play well with pinks, blues and other shades of purple of the bandanas. And this was the last trial.



25 comentários:

joyce disse...

The purple is perfect. Good choice.

Anapatch disse...

Te quedó divino! y la elección final del ribete me parece ideal.
Enhorabuena!

Holly disse...

The purple looks great. I love how your bandana quilt turned out! I'm also happy to be able to read your blog in English :)

Tanya disse...

Thank you for visiting my blog. This is a great idea! Wow, a bandana quilt! The purple is very nice!

SARI disse...

El color es fantástico, le da la vida que el sashing no tiene.

Pam disse...

I agree. I think the purple goes well with the fabrics. What a great idea - a bandana quilt. Oh no - another one for my list - LOL

Diana disse...

The purple really sets off the other colors in the quilt. Great idea!

Nettie disse...

The purple binding is inspired. I also like how its coolness contrasts with the warmth of the background. And I know what you mean about a binding color being no small thing.

Fiona disse...

Excellent choice - you can't go wrong with purple.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) disse...

The binding adds a perfect element of color to the quilt. Beautiful!

Flora disse...

The choice of purple was very good. I think that it was harmonious and contrasting. Congratulations!

jude disse...

i really like this quilt because it's theme is a collection of something, in this case, bandanas. it is also beautifully made. the purple edge is just the surprise it needs.

laurapatch disse...

El ribete queda estupendo, has escogido bien, y el quilt ha quedado espectacular!!! Me gusta muchísimo. Felicidades!!!

amandajean disse...

your quilt is lovely!

Carmen disse...

El ribete hace que resalte todo el conjunto. Muy bonito. Ah, y gracias por visitar mi blog.

monica disse...

It's absolutley perfect.

Is it a big quilt? What a good ideas, bandannas...

Xinapatch disse...

Belem, te ha quedado precioso!

marisa disse...

wonderful your bandana quilt ! Ciao

latietarosa disse...

es muy comun en EEUU ver quilts con bandanas, pero normalmente las ponen entras o las unen entre sí.
Tu las has hecho una convinación exquisita para mi gusto :-)

Cristina disse...

foi uma boa escolha e ficou lindíssimo. Adoro quilts em fundo branco com quadrados de cor!! São dos meus favoritos.

É a primeira vez que vejo o teu blog. Gostei e vou voltar :)

VERO disse...

Acertaste muy bien con el color que elegiste !! I like it , your bandana quilt is very beautiful !! Felicitaciones !! Vero

Rose Marie disse...

This is a great idea and what a good way to use of any bandanas that you pick up while on vacation.

Anita_T disse...

I love the Bandana Quilt - it gives me Middle Terranian feelings :-D

MARGO disse...

great quilt. very pretty.

anywhere_Smile disse...

Simpler and easier just links london various facets of being married the ought links london jewellery to be obtained and tradition recently indicated links of london sale actually divided regarding the bride's family, links of london silver the groom's family, as well as the groom himself. discount links of london Over are the days where the bride's parents insures links of london ring uk every single thing make a list of to links of london friendship bracelets sale perfect detail. For a short period, tradition had shifted this obligation to qualify for the links sweetie bracelet three parties soon discussed the following., a response, links of london earrings as well as ever-popular brunch. Experience entered production although there required to links of london necklaces sale twelve inches into your market by the grooms telephone and therefore bridal individual.