21 março 2007

Spring

Apesar do frio parece que a Primavera já se faz anunciar. Achei que era boa altura para fazer alguma coisa mais colorida e já agora aproveitar a prata da casa. Peguei num pequeno rectângulo que bordei há não sei quantos, para experimentar uns quantos pontos, sobre um desenho que não me lembro de onde foi tirado.

Still cold but the days have been bright as a spring announcement. I thought it was a good moment to do something more colorful using some leftovers. I picked up a tiny rectangle, embroidered some years ago as a stitch experiment on a sketch I don’t remember where was taken from.

Juntei-lhe um resto de tecido colorido qb.

I put some bright colored fabric around.

Adicionei-lhe um batting fino, 100% algodão. Pratiquei o meu hand quilting.
-
I made a sandwich with thin cotton batting. I practiced my hand quilting on it.
Saiu esta almofada requisitada de imediato pela minha filha.
Fiquei contente por ter tido imediatamente um destino útil.
-
The result was this pillow that was immediately taken by my daughter to be put on her bed.
I feel happy when I make useful things.


Gosto muito de almofadas e não pude deixar de espreitar na internet o que se andava por aí a fazer. Vejam o que encontrei aqui, aqui e aqui.

I love pillows so I search in the internet to find what was going on about this. Look what I found here, here and here.

17 comentários:

Angie disse...

What a cute, cute pillow!! No wonder your daughter took it right away! :D

sara disse...

hola velen ya te encontre estaba buscando tu blog y me parece genial gracias por escribirme en momento bajos te seguire todos los dias

la tieta Rosa disse...

Me encanta el cojin, es precioso!!!!
Me gusta mucho como combinas el bordado y el patchwork, y las combinaciones de colores que usas!

Diana disse...

Your pillow is so pretty! I love the embroidery--and the fabric you chose for the borders sets the design off so well! Lovely, just lovely!

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) disse...

That pillow is just adorable! What a way to use up leftovers.

Pam disse...

That is such a very cute little pillow. Luckey daughter!

Maria Lua disse...

Lindíssima!

laurapatch disse...

Belem, me encanta el cojín!!!! El bordado es encantador y la combinación de colores que has usado le queda perfecta. Vaya manera de aprovechar restos!!!!!!!

Vera disse...

Que delícia de almofada !

Unknown disse...

Molto obrigado por tu mensaje en mi blog. Haces cosas preciosas!!! Me encantan esos bichitos.

Anónimo disse...

OK! Vi os teus links de almofadas...mas se as almofadas estivessem a votação votava na tua!!
É muito, muito bonita! É Mesmo!!!

Anónimo disse...

It's so lovely Belem. Thanks for show it!
Hugs
Ana

Anónimo disse...

The pillow is lovely. It is perfect for spring.

Anónimo disse...

beautifully simple!

Hanne disse...

Very cute pillow - and very modern, from what I saw at Ikea the other day. Embroidery is coming back in home textiles again.
Your daughter has good taste :-)

Anita disse...

The pillow is beautifull Belem :-D Colors are great :-D

Nettie disse...

Oh, i love this simple, spirited embroidery and the way the fabrics set it off so perfectly.